Gang! How's life?
My week was fantastical! We walked A LOT this week! I have
been sleeping really good every night. Mission sleep just hits different. It's
like I fall into a mini coma every night and arise from the dead every
morning.
Tuesday was Sister Ascurra's birthday!! The night before her
birthday I was attempting to put up a sign I made for her as a surprise, but
the stupid sign wouldn't stay on the wall. I was making so much noise trying to
get it to stay up. After tape was used (probably an unhealthy amount) that baby
finally stuck. It will probably never come off at this point. Now that is what
I like to call a firm foundation. Let's build our foundation on that yall.
Helaman 5:12. The Jaredites wish their barges were tight like unto this dish
(the birthday sign against the wall lol). She totally knew I was up to
something but it was a great day! I made cookies again for district council and
I had a surprise cake for her at a member's house. We ate, drank (water) and on
the marrow we didn't die. So pretty much it was perfect!
Yesterday in class at church we were learning about sharing
the gospel. Sister Grings was teaching the class and she brought with her a
giant chocolate cake with strawberries on top. This cake was probably the most
beautiful thing I had ever seen in my life. She proceeded to cut a slice and
eat it in front of us. Dude, I was dying internally (I love cake.) She compared
this to sharing the gospel. We have something that is truly SO good and we are
just gonna keep it to ourselves? Nah dawg. I think not! She then cut another
slice and gave it to one of the people in our class. But what about the rest of
us? After exercising lots of patience, I finally got my slice. And boy oh boy,
that cake was delicious. And she shared with everyone in the class! It was probably
the best comparison I had ever seen of sharing the gospel. We have this
knowledge of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ that other people don't have,
but we are just eating our piece of cake in front of them. What if we shared
what we know with them? So then we can all partake of the fruit of the tree of
life that is "more desirable than any other fruit." Let me tell ya, I
was definitely not upset about that piece of cake that she gave me. And she
didn't seem to regret sharing it with me. The same goes for the gospel.
#sharingiscaring. Sometimes the best way to show someone you love them, is by
sharing with them. And what better thing have we to share than the love that
comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Small jots:
- Have been dousing myself in bugspray. New perfume, you
should try it sometime.
- Had to play the piano at church. They asked me to give a
talk the day before too but luckily the person who backed out showed up at
church π
- Marked some more baptismal dates! Praying for everything
to work out !! πΊ
- Found out the movie, "White Chicks" is called,
"Branquelas" here. I don't know why but this detail made my day
- Only have two weeks left in this transfer (where'd all the
time go?)
- Yesterday a member made pineapple cake and when we left,
they gave us some to take home with us π€©
- One day S. Ascurra forgot her badge and I had an extra
with me so there was two Sister Whiting's walking around Brazil. What's a
companionship if you don't share everything? :)
I love yall!! Jesus loves ya too!!
Com carinho,
πΊπ₯³π€ ππ€
Sister Whiting






No comments:
Post a Comment