Monday, July 6, 2026

You Mom Goes to Zone Conference

My dearest friends!! 

 

I hope all is well! Life is good over here in the boonies of Brazil. Just living, laughing, and loving life! 

 

This week my comp hit 7 months on the mission. So obviously we needed to celebrate. How you may ask? Well obviously with dessert. One problem. We don't have an oven. That didn't stop this girl. First time I made cookies in the air fryer and I am not gonna lie, I would do it again! 10/10 experience. I could only bake three at a time but I am determined brotha. It took 5ever but that is okay because they were probably the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made! Word got out to the ward so apparently I am making cookies for the whole world (whole world meaning the branch here in Barra Velha) because they want to try the "american cookies". So just let me know if you want some choco chip cookies and I can just mail some right on over for ya. 😌

 

Went to zone conference! Your mom goes to zone conference.... (Pardon my "your mom" joke, I am experiencing withdrawls.) Zone Conference was everything I dreamed of and more! My new Mission President and his wife are awesome! Andddd guess what!! Ya girl can finally respond to your emails!! 🚨🚨 That's right people! I am no longer ghosting everyone! If you send me an email, I have an hour every pday to respond to emails! #holla holla raise the roof 

 

We had 12 friends show up to church this week!! Man we were so very happy. Exhausted, but incandescentely happy. I can't even describe the joy I felt. I really care about these people we are teaching. I want them to be able to experience this happiness that I have through the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the story in Alma 22 where Aaron is teaching Lamoni's father. When Lamoni's father (the king) learns about the gospel and the Plan of Salvation he immediately tells Aaron, "I will give up all that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy." He was willing to give up everything, just to know God- to experience the joy that comes through the gospel. We all make sacrifices in our lives. But I can testify that when you put Christ at the front of your lives, everything else will fall into place. The tiny sacrifices we make every day, will some day add up to eternal life. I will forsake everything I have to know him who knows me better than anyone else. Him who wants what is best for me. Him who loves me more than I can comprehend. 

 

Small jots: 

- I asked someone to be baptized and they said yes!! #splash zone 🌊

- Hit 100 days on the mish. Big hundooo! Yall there is no way I have been out here for this long (I got here yesterday) 

- PΓ£o de queijo is the way to my heart

- Ate figs this week and had the christmas song about figgy pudding stuck in my head. Figs are really good by the way 

- Saw my grandma on the mission (my trainer's trainer). LOVE her! Took a photo of three generations 🀠

- Saw some frogs on the sidewalk 🐸 apparently my comp is scared of frogs... she didn't really like that moment haha 

- Raining so much here it is looking like I need to buy a ticket on Noah's Arc 🚒

 

I love yall! Jesus loves you too!! 

Com carinho, 

πŸ•ΊπŸ₯³πŸ€ πŸ’–πŸ€Ÿ

Sister Whiting 









No comments:

Post a Comment

"So I Can Kiss You?"

Hey friends! 🦦   Welcome back to another cute lil' brazil update! I hope your week was slaytastic!    TRANSFER NEWS!! 🚨   We...