Monday, June 29, 2026

Mr. President, Mr. President πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ¦…

What's up my party people!! Here is another cute lil' update from my heart to yours!! 

 

MY NEW MISSION PRES IS IN THE HOUSE!! President Wellburn has arrived!! Word on the street is that we have new rules. I wish I could tell you if it was true but I lowkey dont know yet. We have zone conference this week so hopefully it will all be cleared up in a jiffy! 

 

But yah! This week was busy, busy, busy! We worked until we were literally pieces of dust!! But that's the way I like it. Tuesday night I got to sing with the Branch President's daughter at an activity in the new chapel and it was so lit! Wednesday was another Brazil World Cup game and best believe Brazil took that cake home πŸ’ͺπŸ‡§πŸ‡· Thursday and Friday we had exchanges in Itapema. It was SO fun! And Saturday we had the dedication of the new chapel!! And boy oh boy was that amazing. Some of our friends were there so I was very happy! The members have been waiting and praying for this chapel. And the moment has finally come. It was beautiful, I will never forget it. 

 

Friends, this week while I was packing for exchanges I found a paper at the bottom of my backpack. Now just think for a minute what might be on this paper. Perhaps it is a paper from the mtc or perchance a letter from home. Nope! ❌️ πŸ™…‍♀️ It is a paper from my Microbiology class at byu. At the top of the paper it says, "Dengue Heomorragic Fever: bleeding, shock, death." Gulp. When I tell you I laughed so hard. Of all the papers that I just happened to bring with me all the way to Brazil, it was a paper with details about dengue from when I was at college almost a year ago. Silly, silly, silly :) 

 

This past week the majority of the people we taught are going through really hard things. Most of our lessons, the people we were teaching were crying talking about their lives. They kept saying, "You guys are young- you don't understand." And I would always tell them, "Yup you are right. There is only one person who understands perfectly what you are going through." Because truthfully there is someone who felt what we feel. His sacrifice is all encompassing. In my personal study this past week one morning I read Jacob 5. For people who read one chapter a day, Jacob 5 is their enemy lol. But this has become one of my favorite chapters. I love the concept of our Heavenly Father constantly worrying about us and constantly looking for ways to help us. Constantly going to the "nethermost parts of the vineyard." He is in endless pursuit of you. One of my favorite parts of the chapter is verse 21, "And it came to pass that the servant said unto his master: How comest thou hither to plant this tree, or this branch of the tree? For behold, it was the poorest spot in all the land of thy vineyard." That tree ended up bearing good fruit. All because he went to the poorest spot of the vineyard. He sees our potential. He doesn't veiw us as our mistakes, he sees what we can become. He went to the poorest spot in the vineyard and he went their out of love. During those difficult times, he will come. No matter where we are. All we have to do, is have faith in him. He will be in the nethermost parts and the poorest spots of our lives. He loves us. He grieves when we grieve. He is happy when we are happy. He is always looking for ways to do "more for his vineyard." Not one tree will be forgotten in his vineyard. He is my hope. He is my joy. He is my Savior. 

 

Small jots: 

- Sister Ascurra and I found a faster way to get more rain on our badges (we put them on our umbrellas - genius I know πŸ˜†πŸ˜Ž) Our husbands are gonna be extra blessed in the looks department. 

- Taught someone about the Plan of Salvation and when I asked what kingdom in heaven they want to live in, they looked me straight in the face and said, "Terrestrial, cuz I am not that holy ya know?"

- Got asked if I am Venezuelan 4 more times this week 

- marmitas = life 

- Stl's made me a friendship bracelet and I thought it stood for "My Best Friend," but it actually stands for, "Mission Brazil FlorianΓ³polis." Haha they laughed really hard at that 

 

Big love for yall! Jesus loves you too! 

πŸ•ΊπŸ₯³πŸ€ πŸ’–πŸ€Ÿ

Com carinho, 

Sister Whiting 









No comments:

Post a Comment

"So I Can Kiss You?"

Hey friends! 🦦   Welcome back to another cute lil' brazil update! I hope your week was slaytastic!    TRANSFER NEWS!! 🚨   We...