Hey lovely people!!
I hope you all had a wonderful, wonderful week! Yall!! I
finished my first transfer!!!! Wow that sounds a lot like first trimester. I
feel like this is where I put a photo of an ultrasound lol. Or is that a little
farther a long? Although I am not pregnant and they are called transfers not
trimesters, I am starting to understand why everyone always says the first
trimester is the longest. It was full of so many silly memories and I am so
very excited for the transfers ahead!
I don't know if you knew but the World Cup is happening. I
could hardly tell... the people here totally aren't excited.... at all... That
is proabably the biggest lie of my life. It felt kind of like the Fourth of
July here. All the shops were closed, everybody was in the streets cooking
meat, and they set off fireworks every time Brazil made a goal or practically
anytime they were on the screen. All I need is an American flag and a country
playlist and BAM! I am back in Lander Wyoming on the 4th. #heaven
I saw a cabybara this week! It was ginormous!! I don't know
why but for some reason in my head I thought they would be small and cute but
this thing was bigger than most of the dogs here. It was munching on some grass
while chilling in a lake (de boa na lagoa). Kinda like a miniature cow
honestly. But it was a joyous experience!
This week as I was reflecting on my first transfer here, I
thought about the thing that helped me the most. Everything changed but one
thing. My testimony. Specifically of the Book of Mormon. Most days I walk
through the streets of Brazil gripping the Book of Mormon with both hands,
holding on for dear life. Legitimately, the Book of Mormon has been there for
me in every time of need. Through the sad moments. In the happy moments.
Moments I will never forget. Moments where I felt God's love for me so clearly
I will never deny it. So in those times when I feel lonely and wish I could
call my parents. Or those days where I wonder if I will measure up. Or when
people don't want to hear our message. I hold on even tighter to the Book of
Mormon. Because I genuinely know it is true. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. So
here I am. Sister Whiting in Brazil. Holding on tight to the Book of Mormon
like Bella holding onto Edward in Twilight when he says "Hold on tight
spidermonkey!" And I wouldn't want it any other way. I love the Book of
Mormon. I love sharing it with the people here. I love it's teachings. I love
my Savior.
"Cling to the Book of Mormon. In doing so, you will see
that you are not alone. You will see that Saints of all ages have had to wander
through a wilderness—often more than once and sometimes for a long time. You
will also see that many wilderness moments have a purpose designed by a God of
love who is preparing you for and taking you to—often through some of His
greatest miracles—a magnificent promised land that could be enjoyed in no other
way." (Mathew Holland BYU Devotional)
Small jots:
- Pizza with chocolate crust to celebrate transfers!!
(Glorious. Every single bite.)
- Got asked if I was from Venezuela this week. I think I
might be catching a little Spanish accent in my Portuguese
- District council was lit!
- Had a picnic by the lake!!
- Stake Conference was awesome sauce!
- Saw a BIG FAT spider on the sidewalk. I legit almost had a
heart attack. Dont worry, I am making plans to go burn the sidewalk and
anything near it. I just need to find a blowtorch. Anyone want to mail me one? π
All my love!! Jesus loves ya!
πΊπ₯³π€ ππ€
Com carinho,
Sister Whiting








No comments:
Post a Comment