Hey gang!! Hope you all had a great week! My week was swell π
2nd transfer babbyyyy!! Started the week off strong by
making crepes. Call me Ratatouille if you must because it was delish in a dish.
My comp told me they tasted just like the crepes her mom made her growing up.
So basically just put me on Master Chef. I will make 'em some yummy crepes and
win the entire show. π€
Yall it is dengue season. Everybody start praying. Before
the mission in a Microbiology class at BYU we were learning about viruses and I
told my sister, "I hope I don't get called to South America for my mission
because that is where the highest percentages of dengue is." Welp! Here we
are!! Bug repellent is my best friend. I bring it with me everywhere. Holding
on tight to the iron rod and to my bug spray. My comp thinks I am so funny
because I re-apply generously and frequently, but I am terrified to get dengue.
She has already gotten dengue twice poor thing.
Tomorrow I will hit 3 months on the mission!! Holy cheese
and guacamole! I still have mornings when I wake up and I am surprised I live
in Brazil. Like a cute little surprise every morning! π€
But I truthfully love it here. The people here are genuinely kind and welcoming
and their food is too!
One of my favorite moments this week was when we stopped by
the house of someone we are teaching to see if she had time to talk. When she
answered the door she was crying and asked us if we could pray for her. We said
a prayer and talked more about our identities as children of God. She was
worried about her children and if she was a good enough mother. In such a
tender moment, I truly saw how genuinley worried she was about if she would
ever measure up and if God still loved her. I think sometimes we all wonder if
we are good enough. I think we all have moments where we doubt ourselves and
our abilities. Moments where we focus more on our flaws and our imperfections
rather than our growth. But no matter what we think of ourselves, what God
thinks of us will always be the same. He will always love us. Nothing can
seperate us from the love God has for us. His love will always be there for us.
No matter what we do, no matter how much we think we messed up, no matter the
circumstances. I am grateful for the knowledge that my Heavenly Father is proud
of me. He knows how hard I am trying. He knows my heart. He loves me. And he
loves you too.
"...Neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor
principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height,
nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love
of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39
Small jots:
- Had a cup of hot cocoa #scrumdidliumpcious (it is actually
very cold here! Especially because I am close to the beach)
- Deep cleaned!! (Clean freak and not afraid to admit it.)
We aren't allowed to leave our apartment when Brazil is playing in the world
cup because the people get a little crazy and drink lots of liquids...of which
cause them to act a little silly... if you smell what I am stepping in...- so I
cleaned!
- One of the people we are teaching recently started calling
me her granddaughter. I think it is the cutest thing ever!
- Happy Fathers Day to my Dad!! I love you TONS and miss you
BUNCHES!
As always I love yall and Jesus does too!!
πΊπ₯³π€ ππ€
Com Carinho,
Sister Whiting







No comments:
Post a Comment