Monday, May 18, 2026

Dreaming of the Extinction of Cochroaches

Hey my friends, pals, and buddies!! 

 

I hope you all had an amazing week!! This week was pretty awesome! We had two of our friends show up to church!! I was SO happy! 

 

We had Zone Conference in Joinville this week. Sister Ascurra and I found out the day before that we needed to find a way to get to Joinville so we could be at the chapel at 7 in the morning. So we got an uber to stay the night at another group of Sisters house! #party. It was all fun and games until we found a dead cochroach in the mattress :/ Sweet dreams for me! Maybe I should pray for the extinction of cochroaches after all? Overall Zone Conference was awesome! For some reason it is a tradition to make the newest missionaries say the prayer at Zone Conference. The Elders asked me to say the closing prayer (those dirty dogs)- out of all the new missionaries they chose the gringa who is still learning portguese. But hey, I didn't fall on my face walking up the stairs to the podium so I call that a win! I was so grateful to get to meet and know more of the missionaries in my mission and to see my Mission President and his wife again. 

 

This week I had a cute lil' spiritual experience. We clapped at a house (forgot to mention that in Brazil you don't knock on a door you clap outside a gate. I have no idea how they hear it or how they know which house you are at- but they always know if you are clapping at their house) and we taught someone we had never spoken to before. She was really curious and asked lots of questions. Even though I couldn't understand everything that was being said, there was a moment of stillness and I felt this overpowering love for her. I know with certainty that it was the love God has for her. I was holding back tears because I had never met this person but I truly felt how valued they are by God. If you only remember one thing from my emails, please let it be that you have a Heavenly Father who loves you so very much. This experience reminded me of a quote from one of my favorite general conference talks. Most of the people we teach don't have a knowledge of this divine love. 

 

"However late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines... There is no problem which you cannot overcome. There is no dream that in the unfolding of time and eternity cannot yet be realized."

 

Nothing is impossible with God :) 

 

Small jots: 

- Got asked if I was from Argentina this week. Not quite sure where that came from haha 

- A little kid at church guessed that I am 12 years old- I laughed so hard

- The food is still SO GOOD!! 

- I love the members here, they are genuinely amazing people 

- Our bus trip back to Barra Velha got canceled so we got to ride in the Mission President's car with his wife and the APs AND all our luggage. It was an adventure :) 

- It is so beautiful here. God's creations are so cool 

 

Come mais count: 11 

 

Love yall very much and Jesus does too!!

πŸ•ΊπŸ₯³πŸ€ πŸ’–πŸ€Ÿ

Com carinho, 

Sister Whiting 












No comments:

Post a Comment

"So I Can Kiss You?"

Hey friends! 🦦   Welcome back to another cute lil' brazil update! I hope your week was slaytastic!    TRANSFER NEWS!! 🚨   We...